Welcome to Guitar Lesson World! This article will tell you how to get the most out of my site. I will point you to some of my best lessons, tell you how you can find everything, and offer you some free swag!
How the Site is Organized
- About Patmac – Learn about me, my motivations, my gear, and how this whole thing got started.
- Courses – [COMING SOON in 2016] these are self-paced lesson plans for you to follow based on my experiences teaching and learning the guitar.
- Lessons – these are individual lessons that focus on topics or styles. They will be included in the courses, but they can be used individually to fill a gap in your playing. I am constantly striving to improve and expand on these.
- Exercises – exercises help guitarists improve their skills. These ones will be used throughout the courses, but they are available in their own category for guitarists who want to plan their own practice sessions.
- Songs – I will post songs that I have permission to teach here. When possible, I will include tablature and notation. If you can’t find it here, I know several great sites to find more songs.
- Playalongs / Backing Tracks – I am starting to add backing tracks. They’ll be available soon. These are tracks that you can use to practice.
- Blog – You’ll find some great articles in this section. My goal is to provide great guitar information that probably won’t be found in the courses. Some series of articles can be found in this section.
- Ask Patmac – [New in 2016] Ask me your questions and I will answer them here.
- Licks, Riffs, and Tricks – [Started in 2016] It is fun and instructive to learn a new lick, riff, or trick. I place them here because they don’t normally fit into a planned course.
- Recommendations – Find out everything that I recommend. I do a LOT of homework before I recommend a product. Rest assured that I stand behind all my recommendations. A week before I wrote this, I recommended my top recommended beginner electric guitar to a friend who briefly played 10 years ago. When he received his guitar, he was surprised by how easy it was to play.
- Announcements – Major announcements will be made through the blog too.
- Books – Currently, I have two books
- Resources – This section includes blank notation, sheet music, software, and anything else that will support your learning process.
Recommendations for Beginner and Aspiring Guitarists
Until my upcoming beginner course is completed, I recommend that you start with the lessons section. Go through the lessons one by one. They are currently organized in an order that should work well. You can learn about the guitar’s anatomy, how to tune a guitar, 7 beginner playing techniques, and much more.
Recommendations for Intermediate Guitarists
As an intermediate, I recommend that you browse some of my most popular lessons. I listed a few below. I think the 12 bar blues lesson is useful because it includes some more advanced chords, such as Dominant 9ths and a Dominant 13 chord that sweetens the 12 bar blues a bit. If my lessons aren’t enough, my book covers some more topics that work well with advanced beginners and intermediate guitarists.
Recommendations for Pro Guitarists
If you’re good enough to be a pro, contact me to see if we can collaborate on one of your projects or my own. I’m always open to new ways to bring free content to the site.
If you want to get a free bonus (eBook, course, etc) and other great information and perks, join my mailing list. This mailing list is intended to add extra value to your Guitar Lesson World experience. It will give you bonus tips, keep you informed about new content, and anything else that I think will bring value or enjoyment to you.
How You Can Stay Informed
There are a few great ways to stay informed about updates at GLW
- Follow me on social media
- Join my mailing list
- Subscribe to my RSS feed at https://www.guitarlessonworld.com/feed
Why I Give Away Lessons For Free
Simply, I want to help you learn guitar. I enjoy the conversations and the fun of sharing music. It has always been about the joy of the guitar. Actually, I didn’t try to make a penny for 10 years, when I wrote my first book. The reward has always come in the form of an email testimonial thanking me for creating my site.
Giving Back to GLW
I am sometimes asked about how someone can give back to me.
- Let me know what is working for you (and what is not) – It helps me create better content.
- Spread the word – use social media, tell a friend, post my site on your webpage/blog, etc.
- If you want more of my content, consider buying one of my books
- If you want to buy gear, books, etc, consider using my Guitar Center ad on the sidebar.
How You Can Contact Me
Please, contact me with your questions and suggestions. Use the voicemail option to be a candidate for the AskPatmac section. If you email me, I will respond, so don’t be afraid. I’m here to help!
You can also post something on my social media pages (linked above) or leave a comment on a page.
Subscribe for Free Content, Tips, and More!
3 Reasons to Subscribe to the GLW Newsletter:
- Free Stuff! You'll get free content that is exclusive to my newsletter subscribers!
- Content tailored to you. Over time, I'll get to learn more about you and deliver content that motivates you to learn, play and be inspired!
- No spam. Just real content that's meant to make a difference in your playing
Enter your name and email, and you're on your way!